Spring Break in Kankakee County!
Whether you call Kankakee County home or you’re just passing through, our ‘Spring Break Bucket List’ is sure to have something for your family to enjoy! Plan to spend a few days to experience all that Kankakee County has to offer!
- Travel through space at the Strickler Planetarium located on the Olivet Nazarene University campus.
- Use your imagination at the Exploration Station…a children’s museum. All ages are welcome, but the exhibits are designed for ages 2-8.
- Learn more about the farming history of Kankakee County at the Earl D. Schoeffner Farm Museum in downtown Momence.
- Visit an interactive Railroad Museum at the Kankakee Depot. Grab lunch by the fountain afterwards!
- Learn to skate at Ice Valley Centre Ice Arena. This attraction houses an NHL rink, arcade, concessions and four private party rooms.
- Enjoy a red hot and wash it down with a famous root beer float at Jaenicke’s Drive-In. Opened in 1940, the family-owned, family-run drive-in off Interstate-57 south of Chicago brews the root beer it serves.
- Bring a group of family or friends to Willowhaven Park & Nature Center. Miles of trails and plenty of nature to burn off steam!
- Go horseback riding at the Kankakee River State Park Riding Trails. Cowboy hats encouraged.
- Catch a movie at any of Kankakee County’s theaters. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Stop for a scoop (or three) of ice cream. Did you know Kankakee is known as the birthplace of Dairy Queen?
- Did someone say pizza? It’s the way to our hearts.
- Work on your bowling game in Kankakee County. And if your bowling stinks, enjoy the grub!
Hopefully our bucket list helps you come up with an itinerary for your Spring Break extravaganza in Kankakee County! For a complete list of activities, accommodations and all things Kankakee County, send us an email or follow us on social!