Fun for Kids
Bird Park Family Fun Station
Located on the shores of the Kankakee River next to a historic quarry, the station offers opportunities to view wildlife and play.
- Feed the ducks
- Picnic in the pavilions
- Jump, swing, run, or hang around the playground
- Rent a paddleboat
- Cool off at the splash pad
893 W. Station St., Kankakee, 815-939-1311
Exploration Station A Children's Museum
This children's museum is a must-see attraction in Perry Farm Park. Little imaginations grow big in this world of discovery and make-believe.
- Fly a jet plane or passenger plane
- Play dress-up
- Shop for plastic groceries
- Build or color something
- Work in the mini auto repair shop
- Defend a medieval castle
1095 W. Perry Dr., Bourbonnais, 815-933-9905
The outdoor activities let families play in the fresh air and sunshine.
- Race around the outdoor go-cart track
- Play putt-putt golf
- Try the baseball and softball batting cages
- Get messy in the paintball field
In rain, shine, or snow there is something for everyone inside the Sportsplex. Legends new state-of-the-art Sportsplex includes an indoor soccer arena and 4 multi-sport courts. Collect prize tickets in the arcade.
- Enjoy miniature bowling
- Drive a bumper car
- Pick your favorite toppings at Perky's Pizza
70 Ken Hayes Dr., Bourbonnais, 815-933-9150
Hobbies R 4 U
There is a unique hobby for every person and every season in this toy store.
- Drive remote control cars & trucks
- Collect models, trains, airplanes, helicopters, boats, rockets, slot car sets
- Paint die cast models
- Solve puzzles
991 W. Broadway, Store #1 Bradley,815-936-8533
Ice Valley Centre Ice Arena
The arena is an indoor sports complex featuring an NHL rink and state-of-the-art fitness center.
- Play in the Game Zone arcade
- Get a treat at the concessions
- Have a party
- Learn to ice skate
1601 River Rd., Kankakee, 815-939-1946
The north end of the Historic Illinois Central Depot houses the museum which has three operating model railroad displays: N Gauge, HO Gauge, and O Gauge.
- See a real 1900's Trolley Car
- Tour a 1964 Union Pacific Caboose
- Step inside a restored 1947 Pullman Coach
197 S. East Ave., Kankakee, 815-929-9320
Splash Valley Aquatic Park
This outdoor water park is affordable fun for the whole family. Relax, play, snack, and cool down on a summer day.
- Enjoy the lazy river
- Ride the waterslides
- Swim in the lap pool
- Wade in zero-depth entry pools
- Visit the snack bar
1850 River Rd., Kankakee, 815-939-1311
This state-of-the-art digital planetarium is dedicated to educating people of all ages about the natural world.
- Imagine flying a rocket
- See the stars up close
- Learn about our solar system
One University Ave., Bourbonnais, 815-939-5308
Washington Skate Park
Try your hand at the area's only skate park opened in October 2011. It is an unsupervised skate at your own risk park.
- Playground near skate park
- Basketball courts near skate park
Corner of N. Washington St. & W. Chestnut St., Kankakee