Asbury United Methodist Church (Architecture)
196 S. Harrison Ave. , Kankakee, IL 60901
Visit Our Website
Asbury Methodist Church began well before the Civil War when a Methodist circuit rider brought Methodism to the early settlers of Kankakee in 1836. In 1866 ground was broken for what is now the first third of Asbury Church. In 1922 the balcony was added to the sanctuary.