St. Paul's Lutheran Church (Architecture)
348 E. Merchant St. , Kankakee, IL 60901-3920
Visit Our Website
St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church was founded by German immigrants in 1859. The first church was built in 1864. After a series of fires, the cornerstone for the third church was laid in 1888. The three large bells in the bell tower were purchased in 1901. Electric lights were added in 1923.