What is a Convention and Visitors Bureau?
Kankakee County Convention & Visitors Bureau offers services for the business and leisure traveler. We provide information and resources which help visitors make the most of their time in Kankakee County.
- Free Visitors Guides and Publications
- Information on restaurants, lodging, special events, attractions and activities.
- Meeting and convention services - including hotel booking assistance and site tours.
- Assistance in coordinating special meeting activities, such as museum tours.
- Coordination of group tour activities.
- Assist in developing and attracting special events to Kankakee County.
The Kankakee County Convention & Visitors Bureau creates vibrant growth for the local economy by promoting Kankakee County as an overnight destination, increasing visitor awareness and developing a united tourism industry. The Kankakee County Convention and Visitors Bureau helps to create business for the 22 communities we serve by promoting itself as an overnight destination, by increasing visitor awareness, and expenditures for the greatest economic benefit of our tourism partners.
The Kankakee County Convention & Visitors Bureau leads and supports the tourism industry in our area by providing the marketing programs and promotions to ensure the continued growth of tourism travel to this region from visitors.
The Kankakee County Convention & Visitors Bureau has three primary responsibilities:
- To encourage groups to hold meetings, conventions, tradeshows, sporting events and group travel in the 22 communities of Kankakee County.
- To assist these groups with meeting preparations in advance of their arrival and also while their meeting or event is in progress; and
- To encourage tourists to visit and enjoy the historic, cultural, retail, dining and recreational opportunities this destination offers.
A CVB does not actually organize meetings, conventions and sporting events. It does, however, help meeting planners, tournament directors and visitors learn about the destination and area attractions and make the best possible use of all the services and facilities the destination has to offer.
The Kankakee County Convention & Visitors Bureau was founded in 1983 as a not-for-profit association. Today, the CVB has grown to include 22 communities and boasts over 1,000 hotel rooms and hundreds of entertainment, dining, shopping, retail and cultural options for visitors to enjoy and experience.